You ministered to vulnerable patients across Texas every day in 2020. You rescued hospital patients who were threatened because their recovery is “taking too long,” or a bed “is needed for someone else.”
In 2020, Texas Right to Life fielded over 63 pleas from families facing extreme difficulty in advocating for their ailing loved ones. We expect even more calls in 2021. You are the one who stands in the gap for the defenseless.
Whether a hospital is bullying a family to prematurely remove life-sustaining treatment, or issues a premature determination of brain death, or a family needs better access to life-saving options, Texas Right to Life will expand our patient advocacy work in the following ways in 2021.
- Hire a paralegal to counsel more families in need;
- Educate Pro-Life attorneys on how to reject imposed death (euthanasia) on the lives of their clients;
- Expand into assistance in guardianship disputes when the removal of life-sustaining treatment is at stake against the patient’s wishes;
- Form alliances with Pro-Life hospice providers, ensuring the ailing loved ones of our members have access to hospice care that does not starve, dehydrate, or overmedicate patients to death; and
- Advocate in the Supreme Court of the United States against the deadly Texas Advance Directives Act (the 10-Day Rule).
Friend, over 63 families called our hotline for help last year, more than double the number in 2019. How many families lost a loved one because they didn’t know to ask for help?
Our 2021 goals are MASSIVE. If we accomplish this bold agenda, we’ll save even more patients AND strike a huge blow to the lobbyists who want to keep death panels in Texas.
The Texas medical lobby wants you and us to surrender. The Texas Catholic Conference of Bishops really wants us to surrender. Politicians want us to surrender. But we are undaunted because you are undaunted.
You keep us on the front lines of the culture war–even when that battlefield is a hospital board room. Texas Right to Life’s work in this area in 2021 will only be better, stronger, and more effective.
Will you help save the lives of patients by investing monthly in our Patient Advocacy Fund? Even $25 a month keeps our hotline open. You can ensure that families in crisis have access to desperately needed resources.
Proverbs 31:8-9 Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute. Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy.
Defend the destitute, the poor, the needy, and those who cannot defend themselves with your gift of $25, $50, or even $100 per month.