The Texas Right to Life Education Department is committed to training the next generation of Pro-Life leaders to promote a Culture of Life. This department encompasses the Dr. Joseph Graham Fellowship for College Pro-Life Leaders, Boots on the Ground Pro-Life Conference, Team LIFE Camp for high schoolers, graduate scholarship programs for medical, nursing, and law students, the Texas Right to Life Academy online for all ages, and multiple other events and activities. Additionally, the Education Department fulfills speaking engagements when community groups request a Pro-Life speaker for civic meetings, church events, school classes, etc.
To join the Education team in order to spread the mission and message of Texas Right to Life across the state by bringing our Pro-Life bioethics and leadership programs to local communities. Work within a specific region of Texas to engage, motivate, and train people of all ages to protect innocent human Life from conception to natural death. Train activitists to teach their own communities to end abortion and euthanasia, and to share God’s gospel of Life.
This job is located in Bellaire, TX (central Houston) for one year, and then the employee may be eligible to move to another city or region of Texas, such as Central, West, East, or South Texas.
Applicants must be willing to commute daily to the Bellaire, Houston office when not traveling for work.
Working from home is only an option after the first year of employment, and only for non-routine exceptions.
Travel 5-7 days per month, mostly to the employee’s assigned region of Texas.
This employee position’s region could be Central Texas, OR West Texas, OR South Texas. Region is subject to change based on many factors, and is open to discussion.
- Start date between January and March, 2022.
- The general daily schedule is Mon-Fri 9am-5pm. Working events on evenings or weekends will be required periodically through the year, especially during the summer for our student seminars, and for one month before our annual Houston gala (usually September).
- Assist in planning and leading events within all our programs, such as the Fellowship trainings, Team LIFE Camp, Boots on the Ground Conference, networking socials, and community volunteer events.
- Mentor and assist Pro-Life students throughout the year with their Pro-Life events and needs.
- Travel 5-7 nights per month to visit your assigned region of Texas to speak to Pro-Life student groups and community members, to offer presentations such as Pro-Life communication, dialogue, leadership, conflict resolution, tabling, networking with their community, and more.
- Promote all Education programs by visiting and contacting universities, high schools, churches, civic clubs, political clubs, etc.
- Prepare materials and man informational tables at events attended by Texas Right to Life.
- Monitor progress of our scholarship students in your assigned region, review their reports, and determine if they have earned their scholarship checks.
- Give basic Pro-Life bioethics presentations to community groups, schools, etc. from the Texas Right to Life curriculum.
- Visit Pro-Life students and activists to cultivate friendships and Pro-Life networking.
- Recruit at several colleges per month that do not currently have a Pro-Life group, in order to encourage students to apply for our programs and build a group.
- Answer emails and phone calls from community members seeking generic Pro-Life information, and make referrals to local pregnancy resources as needed.
- Write occasional brief updates/articles to be published in the TRTL Newsletter or online.
- Write/discuss brief weekly reports with your supervisor.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will be asked to perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to plan and manage own travel itineraries
- Organizational skills
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong mentoring skills: patiently listen to problems, offer comfort, and prioritize next action plan
- Public speaking skills
- Preferred: experience working with students
- Preferred: Bilingual English and Spanish
- Passion for the Pro-Life mission
- Patience and compassion for people in crises
- A strong sense of service
- Calm and adaptive during fast-paced events
- Self-motivated and self-managed after necessary training and guidance
- Desire to continue learning and stay up-to-date on current Pro-Life events
- High degree of integrity in professional, personal, and spiritual life
- Desire to create a fun atmosphere for students amidst difficult Pro-Life topics
Individuals must be committed to Christian Holiness and to the Pro-Life philosophy of Texas Right to Life, and desire to educate others on Pro-Life issues including but not limited to: abortion, infanticide, euthanasia, and adoption. Must be willing to commit to working for a minimum of two years, but ideally seeking a long-term career.
TRAINING & PREPARATION:
Training will be provided upon hire to mentor students, practice public speaking skills, present bioethics topics, present leadership classes, and on all job responsibilities. Training will be provided through written materials, video and verbal presentations, shadowing directors during their presentations, and personal instruction from supervisors. Continuous bioethics learning opportunities will be provided. Training will take place in the office and while shadowing at events in Houston and around the state.
A newly hired employee will be formally evaluated after 30 days and 60 days of employment. Management will also evaluate all employees on an annual basis.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- The Education Associate position is a starting-level position, preferably full time (40 hrs a week), but we are open to a part time option at a minimum of 30 hours per week.
- Pay is $15 per hour, with plenty of opportunities for overtime (after 40 hrs) paid at time and a half.
- We will have annual reviews to discuss progress, goals, and eligibility for annual raises.
- Retention bonuses will be given as a thank-you to employees at the 5 year anniversary for $3000, at the 10 year anniversary for $4000, at the 15 year anniversary for $5000, etc.
- Health insurance is offered to full-time employees after 60 days of employment.
Job Category: Education
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellaire, TX
If you would like to apply for Texas Right to Life’s Education Associate position, please email your resume and cover letter to Jobs [@] texasrighttolife.com