Daughter of Gosnell victim awarded $3.9 settlement

Karnamaya Mongar spent over twenty years – half of her short life – in a refugee camp in Nepal.  And within four months of reaching freedom in the United States, she was dead.  The culprit?  A so-called “safe,” legal abortion.  According to one source:

She and her family had been among the thousands expelled from their homeland of Bhutan following pro-democracy protests.  Karnamaya, her husband, Ash, their three children and one grandchild arrived in the United States on July 19, 2009, as part of a resettlement program.  Mr. Mongar had just found a job at a chicken factory near their new home in Virginia.

In November, 2009, Mongar’s lifeless body was transported by ambulance from Women’s Medical Society, Inc., to a Philadelphia hospital where she was pronounced dead the following day.  Now, almost six years later, Mongar’s daughter has been awarded a settlement of $3.9 million in an attempt to bring some degree of justice to the horrific tragedy surrounding her mother’s death.

Mongar and her family did not speak English.  They were still adjusting to their new life in America.  For reasons unknown to the public, Mongar sought a late-term abortion from Philadelphia abortionist Kermit Gosnell when she was nineteen weeks pregnant, at the age of forty-one.  According to Gosnell’s staff, this abortion would have cost Mongar about $950.

Due to an inexcusable lack of oversight by government officials and being blatantly overlooked by abortion industry pals, Gosnell’s untrained and unlicensed staff often anesthetized and even committed abortions in his absence.  Mongar fell victim to this despicable practice, and was fatally overdosed on Demerol and a Gosnell-approved drug cocktail before Gosnell even showed up to abort her child. 

The staffer attending Mongar was now-indicted Lynda Williams, who only has an eighth-grade education, never graduated from high school, and had no medical training or credentials whatsoever.  Williams reportedly over-anesthetized patients regularly, and Gosnell was made aware of this by another staff member.  He ignored the concern and continued allowing Williams to perform actions for which she was unqualified.

When the abortionist did finally arrive on the night of Mongar’s abortion, he took no effective action to save her life.  In fact, his “House of Horrors” abortion mill had little functioning machinery to monitor patients’ vitals while under anesthesia (what little they did have went unused), and Gosnell’s defibrillator was broken, suggesting that Gosnell had no vested interest in the survival of his abortion patients.  A Philadelphia Grand Jury report notes that, “The only thing Gosnell seemed to care about was the cash he raked in from his illegal operation.”

Making the situation even more unbelievable, paramedics were unable to navigate Mongar through the narrow hallways of the abortion mill, and the emergency exit was padlocked.  Any chance they had of reviving Mongar was lost in the crucial delay of transferring her from the abortion mill to the ambulance, and then to the hospital.

The anti-Life lobby has vociferously claimed that Kermit Gosnell is an anomaly within the abortion industry.  But media silence on the stomach-churning revelations about Gosnell and his House of Horrors supports the evidence that Gosnell is really just a run-of-the-mill abortionist looking to profit no matter the cost to women’s health.  The Center for Medical Progress’ revelations about Planned Parenthood’s horrifying business practices are further examples of the pervasive corruption of the entire abortion cartel (do we expect anything more from an industry that commits murder for profit?).  Courageous journalists and entertainment legends have teamed up to shatter the media silence on Kermit Gosnell and the abortion industry with a film called Gosnell: America’s Biggest Serial Killer, which is currently in production.