The U.S. Senate scheduled a vote Wednesday, May 11, 2022, on the so-called Women’s Health Protection Act (S. 4132). If passed, this bill would allow abortion on demand until the moment of birth across the nation and ban states like Texas from passing Pro-Life laws.
Democrats like Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez immediately called upon Congress to enshrine Roe v. Wade into federal law through this radical bill after a leaked Supreme Court draft indicated Roe’s reversal.
Self-proclaimed “Pro-Life Democrat” Bob Casey says he will support the extreme pro-abortion measure. Anti-Life Republicans Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins are expected to vote against the Women’s Health Protection Act but plan to file their own bill to loosen protections for preborn children across the nation.
When the Senate voted on the same legislation earlier this year, no Republicans voted for the bill, and only one Democrat voted against the legislation. This radically anti-Life bill is extremely dangerous for several reasons. The WHPA would:
- Overturn the minimal Pro-Life advancements made at the federal level, including the federal prohibition on partial-birth abortions
- Nullify the many Pro-Life state laws already in effect that are currently protecting preborn children and their mothers from abortion
- Ban states from passing Pro-Life laws
- Eliminate the Hyde Amendment and other long-standing prohibitions on taxpayer funding of abortion
- Broaden the definition of who can provide an abortion beyond physicians to include nurse practitioners and physician assistants
- Remove conscience protections for healthcare professionals and institutions that object to abortion, and
- Enshrine Roe v. Wade in federal law, thereby legalizing abortion-on-demand throughout pregnancy up to the moment of birth.
The Pro-Life movement must stay on guard against assaults on the unborn like this, especially as we approach the Supreme Court decision that could overturn Roe v. Wade.
Sign our petition to stop Democrats’ abortion agenda!